200 Hr Vinyasa Foundations YTT Full time in Canada
Time & Location
About the Event
Our 200 hour Foundations Yoga Teacher Training Course is transformative on all levels of the mind, body and soul. Not only will you improve your strength, flexibility and overall physical health, but your entire understanding of the path of yoga will deepen as Guru JI and Shara guide you throughout your month long yogic journey.
Our program is slightly different from others in that our teachers are coming from India and wish to share the authentic traditional yogic practices (and teaching methods) that have been used for thousands of years. Our teachers live and breathe the yogic lifestyle and they have a true desire to share the practices of the East with those in the West.
This program is ideal for those who plan to teach yoga professionally, who wish to simply deepen a personal practice, and those who wish to learn the authentic, traditional yogic practices from a master who has been teaching for over 40 years.
Program Duration and Schedule:
The program will take place over 28 days, 6 days a week with Sunday being your day of rest. The daily schedule will run 7:00am-6:00pm and will include breakfast and lunch breaks.
Program Syllabus includes the following:
- Study of key postures with modifications for various levels and needs including use of props
- In depth study of alignment for different individuals and body types
- Physical and subtle energetic benefits of postures
- Introduction to the art of adjustment
- Principles and art of sequencing and how to create a themed classes
- Verbal cues and clear instruction
- Demonstration techniques
- Teaching to all levels and also pregnant students
- Ethics of the student-teacher relationship
- Students will learn different meditation techniques and will have the opportunity to practice guiding others.
- Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the external world, the body, the mind, and ceaseless thoughts. When this quieting of the mind occurs, only then have you embarked on the path of yoga.
- Learn and practice teaching yogic breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, bastrika, nadisodhana, kumbhaka, Sheetali, Sheetkari and Bramari pranayam.
- Learn how to apply bandhas and understand the effect bandhas have in directing prana (vital life force)
- Students will learn several powerful mantras in Sanskrit, the relevance and meanings in English, and will practice daily.
- Study the energetic effects of yoga on the body
- What is prana and what techniques can be used to direct prana throughout the body
- Kundalini Energy
- The chakra system
- The vayus
Yogic HIstory and Philosophy
- Key influential texts will be studied such as The Bhagavad Gita, The Vedas, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipaka, and The Upanishads. Slowly students will begin to notice this ancient knowledge and wisdom will become apart of their daily lives and will ultimately lead to greater awareness and happiness.
Introduction to Ayurveda
- Learn the unique features, the aim, and concept of pure health and peace of mind
- Mind and body are connected
- Pancha Mahabhuta, Tridosha, Concept of Body – Mind – Soul, Concept of Sapta Dhatu (Body Elements), Dosha's
- History and basic principles of Ayurveda
Western Anatomy & Physiology
- Study the physical effects yoga has on the body
- Learn how to avoid injury in more prone areas and how to work with common injuries
- Learn to teach variations of postures based on a breath-centered practice
- Learn to teach postures based in healthy joint and bone alignment